Friday, October 24

Day 3...still having FUN FUN FUN


Another gorgeous day here in my mexican village paradise!  It is early and still quiet here in the town, although I can see that the locals are starting to appear on the streets.  I can hear the surf from my balcony even thou I am two blocks from the beach.  I can see the ocean from here but it is hard to see if there will be big surf today.  I haven't been out surfing yet, but have certainly played in the surf alot.  I rode my bike for a few hours yesterday, checked out the town, outskirts and the jungle...it is simply beautiful here.  I look forward to passing my bike over to a well-deserved local, and just watching their expression as they realize the value of owning a bike here...
It is hot hot hot and muggy, but tolerable especially when you know the ocean is out there for some relief.
I don't want to share the jem this little village is with anyone, it is so quiet, peaceful and quaint the way it is, but yikes, get here soon before the big land developers get here and forever change what it is right now.  Apparently over 80% of the village is already owned by outside interests, but it still feels like the locals are running it...that might now last forever since money talks!  So plan a vacation here, you'll never forget it.
Well, I am off to walk the beach while it is still quiet...

Have a great day...cause I know I will!!
Jami